A Timeline of the Cathedral’s History

Cathedral History

1825
Jun 13

Original Parish Charter

The congregation was officially chartered on June 30, 1825, making it the first Episcopal congregation in the Northwest Territories. A copy of the original charter of the congregation, available as a PDF. The original is available in Lansing at the state archives.

1851
Jan 01

Second Location of St. Paul’s Church

W. Congress & Shelby

1901
Jan 01

Closing of Old St. Paul’s

1867
Jul 12

Founding of Grace Church Parish

July 12, 1867.

1870
Dec 21

Opening of Grace Church Building

Fort and Second Streets,

1908
Jun 22

Cathedral Groundbreaking